IGNOU Admission 2019: The Indira Gandhi National Open University admits students for a large number of courses after conducting an entrance exam. The University conducts an entrance test for B.Sc Nursing, IGNOU OPENMAT for management courses etc. The examinations held twice a year – once in the month of January and next in July. It is the largest Open University in the Country (in Asia as well). To become a part of such an institution, a candidate needs to apply first. How to apply and when to apply, eligibility criteria for admission etc. are to be discussed here.
IGNOU Admission 2019 Overview
In the prospectus, all the details regarding the IGNOU admission will be given and thus, before going to apply for the admission, a candidate should go with all of them.
|IGNOU 2019 Overview|
|Application Form Starting Date: October 2018
Ending Date: January 2019
|Application Form Submission Mode: Online|
|Registration Fee: Rs. 200/-||Exam Dates: To Be Announced|
|Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in|
IGNOU Application Form 2019
Before acquainting the applying students with the forms, the University offers a common prospectus in which all the information regarding the registration will be given.
- All the students need to fill the IGNOU application form 2019 online using the administrative website.
- All the details for IGNOU admission 2019 are to be filled correctly in the form.
- At first, aspirants need to register themselves after which, a registration ID will be given to contenders.
- Students will be able to use that ID for future preferences.
- During enrollment, candidates should bear scanned images of photograph and signature along with other required documents.
- An applicant needs to pay Rs. 200/- as application fee.
- The fee can be paid using the credit/ debit/ ATM card (PNB)/ Net banking.
- It can also be paid using the bank draft in favour of the IGNOU payable at the city under which the allotted examination centre falls.
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria 2018
There are different qualifications needed for different courses to take IGNOU admission 2019.
- For B.Sc: The applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with science subject.
- BCA: Must have passed 10+2 from any of the recognised boards.
- BA/B.Com/BSW: candidate must have passed 10+2 or BPP or equivalent from IGNOU.
- MCA: a candidate should possess a graduation degree or 12th level with mathematics subject.
- For MBA: A graduation degree must be possessed. Candidates appearing in the final year can also apply.
- MA (English/Economics/History), MSW: Minimum bachelor degree needed to take admission in IGNOU.
Courses Offered By IGNOU
Bachelor’s Degree Courses
B.Sc. with major in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Botany & Zoology/ B.Com/ BA with major in Hindi, English, History, Mathematics, Urdu, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology/BCA/ Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)/ BA (Tourism Studies) and Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) are the bachelor courses to be offered after IGNOU admission 2019.
Master Degree Courses
M.Sc. (Dietetics and Food Services Management)/ MA (Philosophy), Education, Gandhi and Peace Studies, Extension & Development Studies, Anthropology, Distance Education, English, Hindi, Master of Social Work, Master of Social Work (Counseling), Gender & Development Studies, Psychology, Public Admin., Rural Development, History, Political Science, Sociology, Tourism Management/ M.Sc. Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science/ Master of Commerce (M.Com.)/ Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)/ MA (Translation Studies), (Economics) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
IGNOU Admit Card January 2019
The university will cart out the IGNOU admission 2019 hall ticket almost two weeks earlier of the exam date. As all the proceedings for the examination will take place through online mode, thus, students will have to download their IGNOU admit card January 2019 from the official website i.e. www.ignou.ac.in.
Admit card is necessary for all the students and it must be carried at the examination centre. Candidates will be identified first using the same document and then they will be permitted to enter the centre.