PSTET 2019 Notification will tentatively be released in the month of December 2018. The PSTET stands for Punjab State Teachers Eligibility Test which has to be qualified in any condition if wanted to become a teacher in the schools under the state government. It is a compulsory test which will be held for those who wanted to teach students of class 1st to 5th (Paper 1) and 6th to 8th (Paper 2). To be a part of it, aspirants need to go for all the pieces of information related to it whether application form, apply online, eligibility etc.
PSTET 2019 Notification/ Exam Date
PSTET 2019 will be a state level examination which is expected to be conducted in the month of February 2019. All the candidates should make sure that they have gone for all details available in the PSTET notification regarding the examination. Check out all the important dates using which, prepare a schedule and start preparations.
|Last Date:||January 2019|
PSTET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Am I eligible for the Punjab TET exam?. Can I apply for the test?. These all questions are answered here. All the eligibility conditions should match of a candidate then he/ she is eligible for the test. What are these conditions?.
Qualifications For 1st to 5th Class Teacher:
- The applicant should have scored minimum 50 percent in the 12th standard and have passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education OR passed or appearing for 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) OR qualified or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- OR must have scored minimum 45 percent in 12th or its equivalent and passed or appearing for final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- OR graduated from any of the recognised university or institution and passed or appear for two years D.El.Ed.
PSTET 2019 Qualifications For 6th To 8th Teacher:
- Have a graduation degree and passed or appearing for the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education OR graduation with minimum 50 percent marks and qualified or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education) OR graduation with at least 50% marks.
- OR Graduation with 45 percent marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.)
- OR Senior Secondary passed with minimum 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed/B.Sc OR passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). These eligibility conditions should be qualified for PSTET 2019 exam.
PSTET Exam Pattern 2019
How many questions will be asked, will there be a negative marking, how many marks will be given for correct answer etc queries can be resolved using the PSTET 2019 exam pattern.
For Primary Teacher – Paper 1
- Topics to be covered are Language 1, language 2, Pedagogy and Child Development, Environmental Studies and Mathematics.
- Each portion contains 30 questions Multiple choice questions.
- Each question comprises of one mark.
- In total, exam will carry 150 questions of 150 marks.
- From the given options under a question, aspirants need to choose the right one.
For Paper II
- The examination would be classified into five sections – Pedagogy and Child Development, language 1, Lang. 2, Social Science and Science Or Maths.
- There will be 60 questions each in Science or Maths and Social Science sections while other will comprise of 30 questions.
Selection Procedure: It is not a recruitment test, PSTET 2019 exam is to check eligibility of a candidate. Those who pass the test will become eligible to be recruited as teacher in the schools under the Government of Punjab.